POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hints for drivers : Re: Hints for drivers Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hints for drivers
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Nov 2008 13:07:35
Message: <4919c9e7$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> My favourite are the people who turn the corner, and then give just one
> flash of their indicators *after* completing the turn. WTF?

Forget world peace. Visualize using your turn signals.

> Sure. But some people seem to take amber as "speed up now", and red as
> "floor it!"

Not so much around here, because almost all the lights will respond to
you being there, which is nice.

My peeves include "use the steering wheel to turn, and the brakes to
slow down. When someone slows in front of you, it's OK for you to slow
too, and you don't have to drive into the oncoming traffic to avoid
doing so."

Plus, people, it's rush-hour, not Nascar. See those 3000 people in front
of you? They too would all like to squeeze past on the shoulder.

And, if you're going more than 50MPH, there should be enough room
between you and the person in front of you that someone could parallel
park there.

> But seriously, every day when we get home, by dad has to drive round
> this green car parked on the corner, partially obstructing my dad's
> drive entrance.

That's why you carry a valve stem remover with you.  Or, in the immortal
words of Bob, "Ha ha, you're out of spare tires. You loose."

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)