POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Luniversity studies : Re: Luniversity studies Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Luniversity studies
From: Invisible
Date: 11 Nov 2008 09:00:22
Message: <49198ff6$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> log is kind of a neat function.

It's certainly a very useful thing.

Logarithmic decay, the complex-valued log and antilog functions (Euler's
relation and all that), the discrete logarithm problem...

> Its sort of the inverse of exponentiation.

Indeed - although I think "antilogarithm" sounds so much cooler than
"exponent". ;-)

> Anyway .... you have all this CS background and are not a programmer...
> get out there and get a programming job already! :)

Apparently there's a global economic crisis of some kind happening... I
don't really pay much attention... But apparently this is a bad time to
get hired.

FWIW, I applied to about 7 jobs on Saturday. (Before I got dragged to
Watford and made to dance in public.) The soul-destroying thing is, you
apply to all these jobs AND NEVER GET A REPLY. x_x

> My last job had me using a ton of trig, vector and matrix arithmetic.
> This one, not so much, I'm basically basically n-tier hell. But, it pays
> the bills.

Basically basically?

So that's, what, tier-2?