POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photorrealism (Portrait of a Girl) : Re: Photorrealism (Portrait of a Girl) Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photorrealism (Portrait of a Girl)
From: Invisible
Date: 11 Nov 2008 06:05:57
Message: <49196715@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

> Besides, I can see some practical uses, perhaps not for beautiful
> ladies, but for realistic creatures you can't simply bring the camera.
> Gollum?  Davy Jones?  Sandman?  How about bringing John Wayne or Marilyn
> Monroe back from the grave?  Ok, so that perhaps should be work for a
> double... :P

I saw Richard Burton ressurrected this way.

Of course, I have no idea what he's *supposed* to look like. But the way
his lips didn't quite sync to the voice properly, and the way he kepted
doing the exact same facial expressions in a simple repeating loop left
him looking like a robot.

So much for "high-end" visualisation. :-P