POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is cool : Re: This is cool Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:24:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is cool
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Nov 2008 17:24:30
Message: <4918b49e$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
 > My initial though was that you could use something like this to have
a part of the internet transparently only accessible to people you trust.

That's what a VPN is for. :-) And PKI certificates.

 > In conclusion: AFAIAC this leaves the set of useful and desirable
applications of this protocol empty. So I guess somebody will implement
something like this.

Heh heh. Sadly true.

Note that in my "this is cool" statement, I meant the techniques and
technology, and not the particular applications. For example, the idea
that you can get anonymity because the guy you're directly connected to
can't tell if you're the endpoint or not is cool.

Of course, given enough laws, even this breaks down, if you can (for
example) confiscate the entire chain of machines one at a time without
any of them going offline long enough to alert the quarry.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)