POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : in agorum laborat : Re: in agorum laborat Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: in agorum laborat
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Nov 2008 13:37:37
Message: <49187f71$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> This in itself is less bad than my mum's pathology of repeating words to
> differentiate them. "This is the total. Well, I mean, it's not the
> *total* total, but it's the total." WTF?

My favorite was "The car wasn't just totaled. It was completely totaled!"

> I haven't come across either of these mistakes myself...

I think you get it more in places people tend to use english less. Most
of the non-native english on this group is pretty amazingly good. I
heard this all the time in school with exchange professors, tho. Quite
distracting when they're talking about things like initial TCP window
sizes, and they can't get straight whether it's a bound connection or a
bounded connection. :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)