POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : in agorum laborat : Re: in agorum laborat Server Time
9 Oct 2024 20:48:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: in agorum laborat
From: Warp
Date: 10 Nov 2008 12:03:45
Message: <49186970@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Things that irritate me:

> - email messages that contain no punctuation of any kind just several
> sentences strung together presumably youre supposed to figure out
> sentence boundaries from context or something its really quite
> irritating though

> - Email messages that overuse punctuation!!!!

> - Sentences that end with a question mark despite not being questions.
> You know the kind of thing I mean:

>    + What is the average flight time?
>    + Draw a histogram of the light times?

> - Sentences that begin and end with "please". (Surely once is enough?)

> - Misuse of the apostrophe. (There's, like, 4 rules or something. Even a
> retard like me can understand it!)

> - People who write "i.e." when they actually mean "e.g."

-  The progressive tense of the verb to die is dying, not "dieing". The
same goes for to lie -> lying.

- When you have a verb which ends in -uce and you want to make the
equivalent noun/adjective, it usually ends in -ucible, not "-ucable". For
example, it's reproduce -> reproducible (not "reproducable").

- People who constantly confuse the words "than" and "then".

- I think some people write "they're" instead of "there" on purpose, just
to annoy people.

- People who don't realize that when they say "I don't know nothing", they
are actually saying "I know something".

--
                                                          - Warp