POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : in agorum laborat : Re: in agorum laborat Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: in agorum laborat
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 10 Nov 2008 11:29:26
Message: <49186166@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> - Sentences that begin and end with "please". (Surely once is enough?)

As in: Please bring me the estimates from the department of redundancy
department please?

(Extra question mark thrown in for good measure!!!)

> - People who write "i.e." when they actually mean "e.g."

Oh, now it's personal! I used to have a problem with i.e. and e.g.

I know now to use i.e. when I mean "In other words ..." and e.g. when I
mean "for example"

of course, I still get them screwed up.

--
~Mike