POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Request: text formatting options : Re: Request: text formatting options Server Time
3 May 2024 03:47:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: text formatting options
From: Chris B
Date: 9 Nov 2008 04:40:48
Message: <4916b020@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4914e9b8269b8cca1e79fb790@news.povray.org...
> Dedicated text editors - such as SciTE, Emacs or Notepad++ - often have
> options
> to format source code in various ways. You can do things such as changing
> spaces to tabs or indenting code. I would like to request that the next
> version
> of POV-Ray also have these features.

As Ben mentioned, the POV-Ray Windows editor already has some of these
features.

The editor preferences panel provides an option to change tabs to spaces
while typing (though I don't see a 'spaces to tabs' option). The Text menu
allows you to indent or unindent blocks of SDL. Another feature I find very
useful in the Windows editor is the Ctrl-Click, which allows you to select
columns of text and edit those selected columns (I usually use that for
indentation rather than the indent option on the Text menu).

Regards,
Chris B.