POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is cool : Re: This is cool Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is cool
From: stbenge
Date: 8 Nov 2008 16:14:39
Message: <4916013f$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Overview and code:
> http://code.google.com/p/phantom/
>
> Actual useful descriptive paper:
> http://www.fortego.se/phantom-paper.pdf
>
> Very well-written paper. How to have a completely anonymous overlay
> network on the internet. Some very interesting techniques in there, even
> if the project per se never takes off.

I didn't read the pdf. I have no patience for those things.

Minor "Little Brother" spoiler:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.

.

.

The idea reminds me of the Xnet, an encrypted internet within the
internet as portrayed in the book "Little Brother." In the book, kids
are running Xboxes with an operating system called ParanoidXbox (a Linux
variant). They network them using WiFi connections, thus making a new 'net.

I recommend reading the book if you haven't already. The book was
copyrighted this year, so you can say it's still relevant (especially if
your government is compromising your freedom in the name of national
security).

Some of you more hacker-minded individuals will probably find problems
with the technology, but then again you may not. The author seems to
have had some good feedback from professionals.

Sam