POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : GRUB uglies : Re: GRUB uglies Server Time
9 Oct 2024 20:48:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GRUB uglies
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Nov 2008 12:44:51
Message: <4915d013$1@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson wrote:
> Changing the config is not a problem. Updating GRUB to a newer version
> is. Anytime you re-setup the GRUB boot-loader you have to update the
> copy you keep on the Windows side.

Yes, that I'm aware of. Fortunately easy to fix from the SuSE rescue
disk, if it updates and I don't notice.

> "setup (hd0)" installs GRUB to the MBR of hd0, i.e. it overwrites the
> first stage of the Vista boot-loader. If you want to chain-load Linux,
> you should install GRUB to the boot sector of the Linux boot partition.

Mwa ha!  Very good!  Thanks!  I'll give that a try as soon as I get
stuff reinstalled. :-)

{I guess I should have put off the wipe until I got an answer. ;-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)