POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Something new every day : Re: Something new every day Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:29:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Something new every day
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Nov 2008 12:30:40
Message: <4915ccc0$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> I don't care if
> they use UNIX interfaces or what. All I care is that they don't work, and
> they would with a plain old Unix fifo.

Oh, and BTW, I saw on a MS blog (while searching for something else)
that someone complained they couldn't open "\\?\GLOBALSPACE\..." in
.NET. The answer was "Yes, .NET checks for paths that start that way on
purpose and refuses to open them because it isn't portable."

WTF?  This is Microsoft. :-)

So, yeah, even .NET won't let you read from shadow copies without
dropping down into C or something.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)