POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic :  : Re: Rune's Locomotion System Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rune's Locomotion System
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 8 Nov 2008 03:21:10
Message: <49154bf6$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
>     That's great! I think I've seen a similar video in the past made by the
> CryTek team, and Rune's is better. Loved the dog and the heron.

Of course, when a *real* quaduped turns, it's spine bends round the
corner as well. And the leaning up and down hill depends on speed.
(Watch a dog run down a steep hill. It doesn't lean back, but forward.
It leans back if walking down a hill slowly.)

OTOH, I couldn't even model a dog in the first place - using any
modelling technology thus far invented. (Presumably Rune's dog is
moddelled out of polygons, even though this is impossible.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/