POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ghost guts? : Re: Ghost guts? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ghost guts?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 7 Nov 2008 23:41:41
Message: <49151885$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Hmm, maybe. Of course, being that they are on Sci-Fi, it is after all
> just entertainment. Who was that guy, always seemed to wear
> uncomfortable shirts.. Richards, something or other... can't remember.
> His show had a talk-show format .. I think I watched it once, and
> immediately dismissed him as a huckster. He does the very typical
> "psychic" dance, asks lots of questions, and makes something up on the
> spot that might be plausible. The one I watched he actually was waaaay
> off. And yet, he was wildly popular. And pet psychic? give me a break!

Know there was one for a while with the same (almost) unfortunate name
as a politician running for office at the time (one of them has an 's'
at the end, the other doesn't, but I can never remember which if which),
but.. Ironically, I can't remember the name. They would tape 8 hours at
a time (no wonder some people started to "think" he was getting things
right, they where all half asleep...), then cut the whole thing down to
a 1 hour show, by "editing" the footage. See, he would do the whole "I
sense a P.", BS, then when he missed, jump to someone else, then someone
else, etc., and after the original victim had more or less forgot what
they told him, he would jump back to them and announce, "Oh, and Uncle
Puke said he liked salad forks a lot.", or what ever they had told him
already, and he would be off on another series of hits, almost hits,
etc., until he missed, then jumped to someone else again.

The sad thing was, **despite** having 8 hours, a good memory, and the
ability to edit it, so it "looked like" he was doing well on TV, he
***still*** sucked at it, getting fewer hits, and generally performing
far worse, than any one of the professional cold readers out there.. lol

Oh, wait. John Edwards, I think it was...

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();