POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Something new every day : Re: Something new every day Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Something new every day
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Nov 2008 16:52:48
Message: <4914b8b0@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> For example in unix systems (and probably in Windows as
> well) a program can create a named pipe,

Yep. And Windows has different kinds of "pipes" as well, in addition to
the usual stream-of-bytes stuff. I'm talking about message queues and
stuff like that.  Windows uses named pipes for all kinds of things, like
talking to the graphics system, over the network, etc etc.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)