POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's here! : Re: PART 2 Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:12:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PART 2
From: scott
Date: 7 Nov 2008 04:54:43
Message: <49141063$1@news.povray.org>
> Also, the camera seems to need to be a ridiculous distance away to get
> everything in the frame. Is this normal?

My camera (it's an old Canon one with mini-DV tape) has a little screw-on
lens adapter to give a wider field of view, without it you can't get much in
the frame.

>> Hehe, sounds like that could get expensive :-)  For a start, where to
>> place the microphoneS?
>
> It's a PIPE ORGAN. I'll just put the mic on the floor at the other end of
> the building or something! ;-)
>
> In seriousness... I understand loud, pure sinusiodal tones (e.g., flute)
> are notoriously difficult to record. (Or so my dad claims.)

I would imagine you would get quite a different recorded sound depending on
where exactly you put the microphones, maybe find out if someone records any
concerts in another local church and ask their advice?  As a first guess I
would say the organ pipes were designed so that the usual audience in the
church would hear the highest quality sound, so just sticking the
microphones down there would likely be a good start.

> Of course, the fun part is synchronising picture to sound...

That's what clapperboards are for :-)