POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's here! : Re: PART 2 Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:10:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PART 2
From: Invisible
Date: 7 Nov 2008 04:45:07
Message: <49140e23@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>>> BTW you should get a tripod :-)
>>
>> I'm seriously considering that.
>
> They're very useful, and for static indoor use you can get some pretty
> cheap light-weight ones that will do the job well.

Yeah. The church doesn't really have anything the right hight to rest
the camera on. I just want something to hold it still.

Also, the camera seems to need to be a ridiculous distance away to get
everything in the frame. Is this normal?

> If you plan to get
> more serious and actually rotate the camera while it's on the tripod
> then you probably will want a heavier tripod with a smoother head (cheap
> ones are notoriously jerky when trying to rotate the camera in a smooth
> motion).

Yeah, well... I don't care about that! ;-)

>> And also bringing a decent friggin microphone to the next session! >_<
>
> Hehe, sounds like that could get expensive :-)  For a start, where to
> place the microphoneS?

It's a PIPE ORGAN. I'll just put the mic on the floor at the other end
of the building or something! ;-)

In seriousness... I understand loud, pure sinusiodal tones (e.g., flute)
are notoriously difficult to record. (Or so my dad claims.)

Of course, the fun part is synchronising picture to sound...