POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ghost guts? : Re: Ghost guts? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:38:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ghost guts?
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 6 Nov 2008 15:38:15
Message: <491355b7$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:

> Maybe should watch them seriously some time then. For the most part,
> these kinds of shows tend to take things way too seriously, due to the
> people on them being complete twits. If I am wrong about this one, then,
> guess that proves, once again, that Sci-Fi is marginally more rational a
> station than "Discovery", which had both the moron that claimed to talk
> to the dead, the pet psychic women, and and endless series of
> docu-delusions about people haunted, possessed, etc. by ghosts, demons,
> or what ever.

Hmm, maybe. Of course, being that they are on Sci-Fi, it is after all
just entertainment. Who was that guy, always seemed to wear
uncomfortable shirts.. Richards, something or other... can't remember.
His show had a talk-show format .. I think I watched it once, and
immediately dismissed him as a huckster. He does the very typical
"psychic" dance, asks lots of questions, and makes something up on the
spot that might be plausible. The one I watched he actually was waaaay
off. And yet, he was wildly popular. And pet psychic? give me a break!

As for Discover, TLC and their ilk, while I do watch a lot of what they
have on, (Some of it is entertaining ... sometimes interesting) but over
the years, they've sort of devolved into TLC being the Interior Design
channel, Discovery being the psuedo-science channel, Animal Planet being
Heroic Vets and animals with big teeth, and the Science channel being
the Xenobilogy and far-off physics speculation channel, with a dose of
blowing things up, and the occasional manufacturing process.

IOW, they're not so much about the sciences anymore, but rather about
entertaining the masses.

> Though, I admit, watching cryptozoologists run around looking for "scary
> creatures" and only finding undefined foot prints and the same lame
> "heat images" is damn funny, again, until you realize there are people
> out there "expecting" them to actually find bigfoot at some point. lol

Mm, lots of that stuff on Sci-Fi.. Discovery networks carry it, too,
sometimes.

--
~Mike