POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ghost guts? : Re: Ghost guts? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ghost guts?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 6 Nov 2008 14:46:24
Message: <49134990$1@news.povray.org>
Cousin Ricky wrote:
> Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
>> ...and that Richard Dawkin's conspired with
>> Darwin, Hitler and Genghis Khan, using ... who the heck knows what, to
>> undermine faith by inventing DNA.
>
> *Almost* a conspiracy theory, except the Hitler part; Hitler was a Christian in
> good standing until (just before?) he blew his brains out.  Except that the
> apologists are in vehement denial about that, so the conspiracy theory (which
> is imaginary to begin with) will probably fly anyway.

Well, yes and no. Hitler was a member of a small organization of wackos
that included an actual "satanist", in the tradition idiot terms used to
define those people, and several of what might be thought of as a mix of
mystics, alchemists and new ager types, who all **literally** thought
that some crazy novel (Originally titled "The Coming Race") that they
read was real, and that magic worked, and even spent a fair amount of
time in post WWI snatching up Orphans to human sacrifice and engaging in
sex magics. See, the "novel" was early sci-fi, and well.. when you are
the first person writing sci-fi, some idiot isn't going to get that its
made up. In the story some guy find a tunnel into the center of the
earth, discovers a race of people down their with a power called Vril,
then discovers, by the end of the book, that "children" are the most
potent possessors of it of all, and could literally destroy the entire
planet, if taught how to use it, and they chose to do so. So, logically,
killing children, to collect their "Vril force" would, presumably, make
Hitler and the rest of the nuts more powerful. Its also how they got the
whole "master race" BS, since they imagined themselves "descended" from
the Vril masters. (Just type vril into Google and have fun reading the
idiocy...)

That he was also a Christian at the time, or more specifically Catholic,
only goes to prove that being buried in nonsense from sheep herders
doesn't "prevent" you from falling for even bigger nonsense. lol

>> Believe me, even though the stuff above was pulled out of my ass in like
>> 20 seconds, there is "probably" some nutcase making the exact same
>> argument on a creationist site as I write this.
>
> Not a creationist site, but some New Age left wingers considered DNA a myth.
> Seems (1) they didn't like genetic determinism; (2) therefore DNA doesn't
> exist.  (Just Establishment propaganda intended to squelch people's aspirations
> by telling them "You are this, you are that...")  Unfortunately, I can't find
> the magazine article.  Creationists, New Agers, hard to tell 'em apart except
> that the former have more political power, and tend to be more fatalistic on
> behalf of us poor slobs who'll be Left Behind.

What, you think there are no New Age Creationists? ;) lol

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();