POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ghost guts? : Re: Ghost guts? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:33:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ghost guts?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 6 Nov 2008 14:35:21
Message: <491346f9@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> Ah, yeah. Your version was.. vague enough to kind of imply, in the
>> minds of some people, the whole "ghosts are like a recording of a
>> person, so since the person didn't think about their guts, their ghost
>> won't show them."
>
> That's what I intended, without attempting to imply I believed it. :-)
>
>  > One has to be real careful, when talking about the supposed
>> supernatural, not to lend accidental credence to what is non-credible. ;)
>
> What makes you think the effect is supernatural?

Umm. I don't. The term is **completely** meaningless, in that if
something has any effect at all on the world, it "becomes" natural, even
if its only on the person's nervous system. I said **supposed** there.
Its the term the believers in it like to use, because they have this
logic short circuit in which they think the "mind" and somehow sense,
are somehow separate from the physical world, therefor its possible for
some "other" world to muck with their perceptions, while having no
effect on the real world. The irony being, they then use physical
devices to run around "looking for" the damn things.. lol Which is it
people? Either you can measure it, and their for its "material" or you
can't, so it isn't. You can't have it both ways. ;)

Seriously though, would you prefer "alleged supernatural", since you
seem to want to make a court case out of it? jk ;)

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();