POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ghost guts? : Re: Ghost guts? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:38:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ghost guts?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 6 Nov 2008 14:26:40
Message: <491344f0$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
>> Yeah. Would be damn funny to watch these clowns run around getting
>> freaked, if, every time I turn them on, I have to remember that
>> probably 60-70% of the US actually think these people are **evidence**
>> that ghosts are really real, or they wouldn't be "looking for them".
>
> Wow. I took their show to be completely different. They seem to take a
> skeptical approach, but I suppose you have a point there...

Maybe should watch them seriously some time then. For the most part,
these kinds of shows tend to take things way too seriously, due to the
people on them being complete twits. If I am wrong about this one, then,
guess that proves, once again, that Sci-Fi is marginally more rational a
station than "Discovery", which had both the moron that claimed to talk
to the dead, the pet psychic women, and and endless series of
docu-delusions about people haunted, possessed, etc. by ghosts, demons,
or what ever.

Its hardly a wonder people can't tell the difference between science and
gibberish, which channels that are "supposed to" dedicate themselves to
science run total bunk all the time. Its gotten persistently absurd
enough that I change channels the moment someone even "hints" at this
kind of stuff.

Though, I admit, watching cryptozoologists run around looking for "scary
creatures" and only finding undefined foot prints and the same lame
"heat images" is damn funny, again, until you realize there are people
out there "expecting" them to actually find bigfoot at some point. lol

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();