POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XKCD := WTF? : Re: XKCD := WTF? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XKCD := WTF?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 6 Nov 2008 14:12:01
Message: <49134181$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> Because, you don't have to worry about people "refusing" money at
>> their banks,
>
> Have you tried to cash in a German Dutchmark lately?

Why do you persist in ignoring the general sense I mean things, and
exaggerating your own point by, well, pointing out something so
pointless. Yeah, it would be worthless to try, but... guess what! No one
that has any of those is going to be able to *get* the gold, silver, or
what ever they where valued to anyway, so its meaningless to suggest
that "backing" currency with something the banks will simply refuse to
give back to you, if they stop printing/accepting the bills, means its
somehow "more" trustworthy than something backed by just a promise of
value. In the end, if the country collapsed, and they stop accepting
your money, its not going to matter if you have 500 pounds of gold, or
500 pounds of pocket lint in the bank, or just a bit of paper saying,
"You have $500 in the account", in the end, you still got jack when the
bank stops accepting the bit of paper its on. Why don't you get this?

It doesn't matter what is "behind" the money, because if they stop
accepting the money, no matter what is behind it, ****you****, at that
point, don't have anything anyway.

--
void main () {