POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XBOX fun (or trying not to take a hammer to my router...) : Re: XBOX fun (or trying not to take a hammer to my router...) Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XBOX fun (or trying not to take a hammer to my router...)
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Nov 2008 00:56:43
Message: <4912871b$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Yep. It was set up to assign them automatically *every time* they
> powered on and made a request. I reserved addresses for them, so that if
> one was "offline" and I connected a wireless, it wouldn't assign the IP
> for that machine to the wireless and mess up the values.

I wish I could get my router to do that, but it isn't enough of a PITA
to buy a new one. :-)

> to set a "reserved" address for the MAC of the XBOX, but it demands a
> "device name" or some such,

What demands the device name? The router, or the xbox?

> Hmm. Maybe was thinking of someone else I got guff from.. K-Mart, I
> think.

Yes. That's why they got replaced by Wal-mart, amongst other reasons. :-)

> those is several thousand miles from here. :(

Whichever big store you have there. :-)

> Huh, interesting idea.

Inspired by running across the stuff while looking for the tools to hang
it up right. :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)