POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ghost guts? : Re: Ghost guts? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ghost guts?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 5 Nov 2008 21:54:10
Message: <49125c52$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> Darren New wrote:
>>>
>>> Ghosts are constructs of your mentality, not your physicality. Hence,
>>> since you don't normally think about your internal organs, most
>>> ghosts don't show them. Except Jon Osterman, sometimes.
>>>

>> Got that partly right, its mental..
>
> Well, I was trying to imply that the ghost of John is based on John's
> mentality, and hence since John doesn't think about his guts, John's
> ghost won't have guts.
>
> Of course, your interpretation works too.

Ah, yeah. Your version was.. vague enough to kind of imply, in the minds
of some people, the whole "ghosts are like a recording of a person, so
since the person didn't think about their guts, their ghost won't show
them." One has to be real careful, when talking about the supposed
supernatural, not to lend accidental credence to what is non-credible. ;)

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();