POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ghost guts? : Re: Ghost guts? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ghost guts?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 5 Nov 2008 21:52:07
Message: <49125bd7$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> Darren New wrote:
>>>
>>> Ghosts are constructs of your mentality, not your physicality. Hence,
>>> since you don't normally think about your internal organs, most
>>> ghosts don't show them. Except Jon Osterman, sometimes.
>>>

>> Got that partly right, its mental.. One more time - if it has "any"
>> effect on the physical world, it is by definition *part* of the
>> physical world, and therefor should be detectable and verifiable, and,
>> despite shows like "Ghost Hunters", where a bunch of morons babble
>> about camera glitches and spook themselves over every "pop" or
>> "creek", no one has ever "detected" or "verified" a ghost. And no, EM
>> meters don't count.
>
>  From what I've seen the Ghost Hunters have yet to see anything
> conclusive at all. I remember one on some haunted ship where they used
> the thermal camera and found a warm spot that turned out to be a steam
> pipe or something.. Usually they review the tape, and audio and find a
> few ooh that's interesting things then quickly debunk the evidence as
> either floating dust, etc .. or in the case of EVP's they've debunked it
> as one of their team talking in the distance. Usually what they've found
>  have been pretty easy practical explanations for all of the creaks and
> pops.

Yeah. Would be damn funny to watch these clowns run around getting
freaked, if, every time I turn them on, I have to remember that probably
60-70% of the US actually think these people are **evidence** that
ghosts are really real, or they wouldn't be "looking for them".

<-- bangs head on desk.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {