POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ECG : Re: ECG Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ECG
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Nov 2008 16:36:09
Message: <491211c9$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> It sounds like one of the worst possible places to make
> cuts, painwise.

It's not a cut, it's more a poke. Nowadays it's almost painless, about
the same as pinching your fingertip between your fingernails (of the
other hand, of course). I'd guess it's because it's all capilaries there
(and convenient of course), so it's really unlikely to bleed long enough
to get infected or anything. I.e., it clots really fast, and if you only
need a drop or two, there you go.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)