POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's here! : Re: It's here! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 03:08:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's here!
From: Florian Pesth
Date: 5 Nov 2008 16:28:22
Message: <49120ff6@news.povray.org>
Thank you, I enjoyed it a lot. Of course - like Tom Austin said - people
who don't play piano will not notice how difficult it is to hit it just
right - even more so on an organ with heavy keys I guess (?). And they
compare it to professional performances and hear the glitches, but you
shouldn't care about that.
Perfectionism can be a bitch sometime. If you go by that, there is always
someone who is better in that specific task. Better do the things you
enjoy and look, how you improve compared to yourself and don't compare
yourself to others.
I play trombone myself. I know, that compared to some other "more
professional amateur" trombone players it's probably not "good enough",
but I enjoy doing it. It gives me something, which I miss, if I don't
play for some time. And I keep steadily improving.