POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ECG : Re: ECG Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ECG
From: Warp
Date: 5 Nov 2008 16:26:49
Message: <49120f99@news.povray.org>
> >   Anyways, a cut in the finger hurts a lot. It's by far not the first place
> > I would like a needle to be poked into me.

> Actually, I'd prefer to not have any needles poked into me anywhere... >_<

> I'm sure you'll agree with me on that point!

  I prefer doing what is best for my health even if it requires for some
needle to be poked on me.

  Needles have alway stressed me. The worst thing is to have to *wait*
for a long time knowing that they will give you an injection. Waiting is
stressful, you know when your abs get all tense, etc. It consumes your
blood sugar making you dizzy and feel ill.

  In fact, I don't really fear the needle itself. I fear the stress, which
causes the dizziness. Which is rather ironic: Fear of the stress causes the
stress you are fearing to get.

  OTOH, it has gotten much better in later years. A couple of years ago
I had two vaccine shots because I was traveling abroad (one for hepatitis A
and another for tetanus, as the old one was getting expired), and I felt
nothing. No stress, no dizziness, nothing. I felt quite manly when I could
just take the shots like nothing.

  The hepatitis vaccine was one of those which consists of two parts. Half
a year later I had to take the second shot, and still I didn't get any
stress symptoms. It was cool.

--
                                                          - Warp