POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ghost guts? : Re: Ghost guts? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ghost guts?
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 5 Nov 2008 14:46:17
Message: <4911f809$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Cousin Ricky wrote:
>>> how come we never see their internal organs?
>>
>> Ghosts are constructs of your mentality, not your physicality. Hence,
>> since you don't normally think about your internal organs, most ghosts
>> don't show them. Except Jon Osterman, sometimes.
>>

> Got that partly right, its mental.. One more time - if it has "any"
> effect on the physical world, it is by definition *part* of the physical
> world, and therefor should be detectable and verifiable, and, despite
> shows like "Ghost Hunters", where a bunch of morons babble about camera
> glitches and spook themselves over every "pop" or "creek", no one has
> ever "detected" or "verified" a ghost. And no, EM meters don't count.

 From what I've seen the Ghost Hunters have yet to see anything
conclusive at all. I remember one on some haunted ship where they used
the thermal camera and found a warm spot that turned out to be a steam
pipe or something.. Usually they review the tape, and audio and find a
few ooh that's interesting things then quickly debunk the evidence as
either floating dust, etc .. or in the case of EVP's they've debunked it
as one of their team talking in the distance. Usually what they've found
  have been pretty easy practical explanations for all of the creaks and
pops.

> But, the answer is still the same. You don't normally see people with
> their guts hanging out, so when your brain conjures something to
> interpret indistinct lights, with a vague shape, it matches it to a
> "dressed" person, not one with bits of the insides hanging out.

Right, the brain will form a recognizable pattern out of pure noise. An
interesting thing happened years ago, for some reason my ability to
recognize auditory patterns went into overdrive, it eventually brought
about some very powerful auditory hallucinations, but they were always
modulated by the ambient noise around me. It goes deeper than that...
but it was rather interesting how patterns emerged out of nothing and
definitely seemed supernatural at the time.

--
~Mike