POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ECG : ECG Server Time
9 Oct 2024 20:48:01 EDT (-0400)
  ECG
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 5 Nov 2008 08:16:48
Message: <49119cc0$1@news.povray.org>
It means "electrocardiogram".

I just had one.

I was expecting them to use metal electrodes and electrolytic gel, but
actually the nurse got out a sheet of card, peeled about a dozen
stickers off of it and started sticking them to me like I was a stamp
book. :-| Obviously several around my ribcage, but oddly enough also
around my various extremities... presumably so they have something to
measure the potential difference against.

Having covered me in stickers, she then started attaching crocodile
clips to them. (Personally, having crocodile clips that close to my
nipples made me nervous!)

I didn't actually get to see the trace myself, but the nurse reconned it
looked quite normal. Obviously I'm waiting for the doctor to have a
chance to look at it for confirmation.

The fun part, of course, is *removing* all the stickers. It's amazing
how far human skin can distort without ripping. o_O Amazing and
uncomfortable! Of course, human hair is not nearly so elastic... >_<

The nurse tells me that for really hairy people, she has a whole box
full of disposible razors. "It's really quite weird shaving some random
Asian man's chest..."

Still, it could have been worse - if I needed an EEG, I really would
have to shave. O_O

And fortunately, no blood samples required! :-D (Why do they always have
to take blood samples from the most tender parts of your anatomy? Why
not your finger or something? I'm sure it's the same blood...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/