POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's here! : It's here! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  It's here!
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 5 Nov 2008 05:41:09
Message: <49117845$1@news.povray.org>
It took me about 20 minutes to edit the video with Virtual Dub.
(Apparently a 20-minute DVD decompresses to 29 GB of video. And
apparently just copying that amount of data around takes a really long
time. VD wasn't even using 10% CPU; it was *all* I/O time.) I had to
find the correct segment of video (even though VD refuses to decode the
sound that I now have the propper codec for), cut it out, scale it to
get the correct aspect ratio, crop it to the right size, realign the
sound with the picture (??!) and transcode it into something small
enough to upload.

It then took me 7 seperate attempts, over the course of 3 days, to
actually upload the ****ing file. (For some reason, every page on
YouTube has to be selected 12 or 15 times before it will actually, like,
*load*.) YouTube kept aborting the upload after about 20 minutes. (FWIW,
the video is 40 MB in size - pretty huge for an upload, but tiny by
video standards.)

But after many hours of work, the video is finally here in all its
glory, for all teh interwebs to see:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Z-mokvpoo

I wonder how many days it will be before some 12 year old posts a
comment telling me I suck?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/