POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to embed a rendered scene inside the scene itself? : Re: How to embed a rendered scene inside the scene itself? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:13:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to embed a rendered scene inside the scene itself?
From: Alain
Date: 4 Nov 2008 22:05:46
Message: <49110d8a@news.povray.org>
quickfur nous illumina en ce 2008-11-03 16:23 -->
> I have a scene with some objects, and a thin box representing a screen.
> How do I texture the box with a rendered image of the scene as seen from
> the box? I looked at the trace() function, but it only returns the point
> of intersection, not the color of the intersection.
>
> Thanks!

Do it in two passes.
First pass: rebove the screen and place the camera in it's location.
Second pass: Replace the box and apply the image from the first pass to it. Move
the camera back to where it belong.

--
Alain
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will