POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mixing transformations : Re: Mixing transformations Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:14:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mixing transformations
From: Alain
Date: 4 Nov 2008 21:54:38
Message: <49110aee$1@news.povray.org>
HelveticaFanatic nous illumina en ce 2008-11-03 23:14 -->

> My situation is different.
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/helveticafanatic/3001878662/
>
> I use the spline to define the center line of the tracks. I have used
> Spline_Trans to get banking which successfully rotates the train car properly.
> I want, however, to not have the center of the train over the curve but the two
> points where the bogies of the train are. Furthermore, the banking of these two
> points must factor into the banking of the train.
>
> Thanks.

It may not be exactly what you are looking, or physicaly acurate, but her's my
proposition:
Take the banking at the point where the two boggies are locates. Take the
average of those and apply to the wagon.

I think that it should be "close enough".

--
Alain
If you're ever about to be mugged by a couple of clowns, don't hesitate - go for