POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 : Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 Server Time
10 Oct 2024 15:14:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Nov 2008 12:32:50
Message: <49108742$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 19:11:49 +0200, Eero Ahonen wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> Very cool.  In some respects, kinda like Netjuke, but with more media
>> types supported (including video, which I don't think Netjuke does at
>> all) but also with a lot more flexibility.
>
> Media support comes from the fact that it's only a frontend. It'll check
> the file type by using command "file" (yes, this does incredible
> quantities, if you have FLACs or MODs available...),
>
>> When are you thinking of making the code available?
>
> I'll need to do some cleanup, create db-dumbs (it uses MySQL for file
> listing, playlist and bunch of other stuff) and collect the pieces, but
> some day pretty nearly.

Very cool.  I'm hoping I'll have the time to play around with it - when
you do post it, can you let me know where?

> And yeah, I'll need to finish rendering the background-image for X :p.
> 12:33:03 Rendering line 200 of 544, 14155 rad. samples

:-)

I know the feeling; I'd probably have a render going right now if I
wasn't trying to crack a PDF we created at work a few years ago - nobody
has the source files any more and of course it's got an owner password on
it.  Someone needs to parallelize pdfcrack. ;-)

Jim