POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 : Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 Server Time
10 Oct 2024 15:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 4 Nov 2008 12:10:34
Message: <4910820a@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> Very cool.  In some respects, kinda like Netjuke, but with more media
> types supported (including video, which I don't think Netjuke does at
> all) but also with a lot more flexibility.

Media support comes from the fact that it's only a frontend. It'll check
the file type by using command "file" (yes, this does incredible
quantities, if you have FLACs or MODs available...),

> When are you thinking of making the code available?

I'll need to do some cleanup, create db-dumbs (it uses MySQL for file
listing, playlist and bunch of other stuff) and collect the pieces, but
some day pretty nearly.

And yeah, I'll need to finish rendering the background-image for X :p.
12:33:03 Rendering line 200 of 544, 14155 rad. samples

> Jim

-Aero