POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 : Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Nov 2008 23:57:41
Message: <490fd645$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> Every possible file. It searches for all files in configured basedirs

Reminds me of a description I read some months ago. A quiet dedicated
commercial Linux server with nothing but a web interface. It would read
all your POP and IMAP accounts and consolodate them into one imap
server, would run bittorrents you gave it the torrents for, would serve
files, a printer, a web server, basically all the kinds of things you'd
want in a nerdy home server. It was like $600 with a big HD on it, and
you just plug it in and go.

Only on sale in Sweeden or something, sadly enough.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)