POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to embed a rendered scene inside the scene itself? : Re: How to embed a rendered scene inside the scene itself? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to embed a rendered scene inside the scene itself?
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 3 Nov 2008 16:34:59
Message: <490f6e83$1@news.povray.org>
quickfur wrote:
> I have a scene with some objects, and a thin box representing a screen.
> How do I texture the box with a rendered image of the scene as seen from
> the box? I looked at the trace() function, but it only returns the point
> of intersection, not the color of the intersection.
>
> Thanks!

I'd render the scene separately from the box, then use an image map.  You may want to
iterate, depending on if there is interaction between the image on the screen and
other scene elements, for example due to reflections or radiosity.

The iteration loop:
1. render scene from box (I'm not sure what you mean by this, actually... do you mean
from a camera associated with the box?)
2. use this as an image map for the box.
3. jump back to step 1 if needed
4. render the scene from the preferred camera