POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It must be friday : Re: PWN3D!! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PWN3D!!
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 3 Nov 2008 13:15:20
Message: <490f3fb8@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:

> That doesn't change the fact that you have a serious problem. There was
> indeed a way to loose vital data even if you got lucky this time. You
> have to change the procedures immediately anyway.

Yeah: Delete the data, and then don't ask for it to be recovered until 3
months later. This isn't news; it's part of the design specification of
the current backup rotation. (That is: the rotation is explicitly
designed to recover data from up to 3 months ago. That is the design goal.)

Anyway, as it happens the procedure document is being rewritten as we
speak. Unfortunately, it's being rewritten by Americans, so it's vague
as hell. (The Americans like to make all their procedure documents as
vague as possible so that they can change what they do without having to
alter the document. Obviously, needing to alter the document is the
entire *purpose* of having a document in writing...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/