POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XKCD := WTF? : Re: XKCD := WTF? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:09:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XKCD := WTF?
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Nov 2008 12:46:00
Message: <490f38d8$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Sorry, I was thinking about "signing statements", which Bush has used
> over the last 8 years.

Yeah. My understanding is that those aren't really law, but just
instructions to the executive branches which enforce the law.

In other words, it's like the police chief saying "We know it's legal to
have a peaceful protest, but I want you to go out and arrest protesters
anyway."  He's not making laws. He's just enforcing his own will.

Not unlike the courts, except that's their *job*.

At least as I understand it.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)