POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bash.org is back! : Re: Bash.org is back! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:08:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bash.org is back!
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Nov 2008 12:44:09
Message: <490f3869$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> The new-style start menu is just horrid. Each time you use a different
> program, the order of the icons on the start menu changes. Horrid,
> horrid, horrid! >_<

Heh. I like it. The programs I've been using most bubble to the top, and
when I finish something (like, if I've been doing a bunch of photo
editing or fixing videos or something and now I'm done with that
vacation's worth of media) I just clear out the list. I'll admit it took
me about a week to get used to it, but I like it.

Of course, since you *can* turn it off, it's rather even nicer.

> Yeah, well... M$ does like to rearrange menus just to make each version
> of Word look "new", even though it actually contains exactly the same
> functionallity.

Well, they usually add a bunch of stuff and rearrange things to be
easier, but they also change around the stuff they didn't change, which
is what bothers me.

> I don't like that. It means you have to mentually "guess" which option
> will be hilighted each time you use it.

Nah. It means if you do the same thing to ten different icons, it's a
single click, instead of
click.drag-the-right-distance.release.reposition-mouse-on-mousepad

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)