POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XKCD := WTF? : Re: XKCD := WTF? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:12:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XKCD := WTF?
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Nov 2008 11:01:30
Message: <490f205a$1@news.povray.org>
Ben Chambers wrote:
> (1) OK, I've only taken one semester of economics, but it was enough to
> convince me that Keynes was right about the Great Depression.  The
> economy got to a point where 1/3 of the population was unemployed, and
> on its own it would have probably stayed that way for decades.

Funny how the Great Depression started just one decade after the
government took over control of the money and the banks, replacing all
the actual valuable money with IOUs from corporations, eh?

Show me someplace having a Great Depression that *isn't* using fiat
currency, and I'll believe you more.

> (2) It varies, but most economists call full production a 5%
> unemployment rate (or thereabouts).

I think it varies depending on the type of economy. In a rural economy,
I think you tend to get pretty much full employment whether you want it
or not. :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)