POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My colour is blue : Re: My colour is blue Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:34:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My colour is blue
From: Gail
Date: 3 Nov 2008 09:34:02
Message: <490f0bda@news.povray.org>
news:490f05e6@news.povray.org...

> Indeed. But looking at the Official rules... well let me put it this way.
> If you need to actually include a flowchart just to explain what the rules
> are, the rules are too complicated. :-P

Why do you think I don't play? (other than the cost of all the cards)

> (Also... how do you know it's still getting new additions? Oh, wait, it's
> Gail. Heh. OK, I rephrase: how would anybody else know that?)

I'm a gamer. Roleplaying, not cards, but the news still gets around and many
people play both
New Magic additions are as much news as new roleplaying books or new
editions of games. Also I usually visit gaming shops every couple months and
see the Magic cards (and all the other collectable card games) on sale. Add
to that the posters advertising new releases at the shops, on the websites
and at conventions.

It's kinda like asking if you would know when a new edition of Haskall is
released.

If you were into the game, you'd probably visit forums on it daily, plus the
official site and know months in advance about new additions. I just know
there are ones. Don't know how recent, don't know the names of the latest
expansions

> BTW, I attempted to visit the official site shortly after this thread
> began. But I figured I'd have to cast some kind of time-travel spell to
> get to the part where the site finishes loading. Jesus it was slow! o_O

Yeah. Wizards is pretty good at games, terrible at websites and web apps.
You're lucky it loads at all. I keep getting errors. It worked a lot better
(faster, more reliable) before they decided to move the entire site to
flash.

You can skip the entire opening flash movie. Doesn't make it much faster
though
http://www.wizards.com/magic/TCG/Default.aspx