POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Now Australia too... : Re: Now Australia too... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now Australia too...
From: scott
Date: 3 Nov 2008 09:11:27
Message: <490f068f$1@news.povray.org>
>  What worries me is that they are doing it with impunity.
>
>  There have been several cases where websites which contain absolutely
> nothing even remotely related to porn have ended in the censorship list.

I don't know how it works in Finland, but in the UK, for such minor illegal
activities by the government you would usually write to your local MP.
Things like police acting in an illegal way to catch speeding motorists etc
quite commonly are handled this way.  Your local MP can then take things
further on your behalf, if they don't then you can vote for a different one
next time, or try to get yourself voted in.

As for the actual technicalities of the censorship list, why can't they just
have a website with a "please check this website because I think it's
actually 100% legal" box?  It would then get put in a list for some real
person to check.  Again, maybe they just don't have the resources to do
this, and until some court demands them to I doubt they have much incentive
to implement it.