POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube : Re: YouTube Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube
From: scott
Date: 3 Nov 2008 04:27:58
Message: <490ec41e$1@news.povray.org>
> The tool I was using *had* a GUI. With 50,000 options on it. None of which
> appeared to affect image quality. (E.g., increasing the bitrate or the
> "quality" settings made little to no difference.)

Try XVid4PSP, it's free and so far I have never even needed to change any
advanced settings.  It has presets with names for each format.  If you
choose the format as plain AVI, under video encoding you can choose options
like "FFV1 Lossless" or "xVid HQ Ultra" or "x264 HQ Ultra" etc.  Under
format you can also choose MP4 Mpeg1 Mpeg2 etc, it really is quite easy to
use.

It also accepts a huge range of input formats, including VOB if the "open
file" dialog box is anything to go by.

And of course if you feel like tinkering (I have never needed to), you can
go and edit the details of each preset.