POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XKCD := WTF? : Re: XKCD := WTF? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:09:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XKCD := WTF?
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 2 Nov 2008 22:01:05
Message: <490e6971@news.povray.org>
"andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:490### [at] hotmailcom...
> I had a problem remembering who was who too. What helps for me is that
> democrats put the need of the people first (or at least they suggest that)
> while republicans put the need of the nation first (assuming that

That's an interesting perspective, but there are many situations where the
two parties are the exact opposite of what you're saying here.

I find a more accurate description is their stance on regulation.  Democrats
favor heavy regulation and Government involvement, Republicans want to be
left alone.  Though this, too, is sometimes inaccurate.

Maybe if the parties made more sense, I'd be able to pick one and stick to
it.  The way things are, though, I usually just pick the candidate that's
going to do the least amount of damage.

...Chambers