POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : SuSE 11 x64 : SuSE 11 x64 Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  SuSE 11 x64
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Nov 2008 14:56:00
Message: <490e05d0$1@news.povray.org>
I notice in their insane lust for uptime ;-) the developers of Linux
have made it possible to boot the install disk, install a fresh copy,
and be running it off the disk when you're done, all without even a
single second boot to start up the newly installed system.

Why you would spend time getting that working, I'm not really sure, but
I imagine *someone* needed the functionality. Maybe for upgrading a
system remotely, or virtual machines, or something?

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)