POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XKCD := WTF? : Re: XKCD := WTF? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XKCD := WTF?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Nov 2008 14:35:02
Message: <490e00e6@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 12:27:33 +0100, andrel wrote:

> That may or may not be more true than my rule of thumb, but it almost
> destroys
> democrat <-> people/voters
> republican <-> nation
> For me the main value is that I do not live in the US, so the party
> lines have not been part of my upbringing. The problem for me (and
> possibly Andy, although it could also be his habit of living under
> stones) is that in my country the two concepts are not mutual exclusive.
> Indeed our republicans are republicans *because* they are fundamentalist
> democrats. Still, when I want to guess which party in the US wants to
> reform the medical system and which one is most likely to start a war,
> it helps a lot.

An outside view does always bring a different perspective - and that's
the thing I find interesting.  I'd never thought about it that way myself.

I think most people are more complex than either ideology lays out - for
example, I consider myself a fiscal conservative but not a social
conservative.

Jim