POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XKCD := WTF? : Re: XKCD := WTF? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XKCD := WTF?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Nov 2008 00:17:22
Message: <490d29d2$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 20:54:32 -0500, Mueen Nawaz wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> The politics of the 'net in the US was my read.  It helps to know that
>> Ron Paul was on the Republican ticket and is still running for
>> president but with a different party.
>
> 	Actually, no. He ran, and continued running even when there was 0
> chance of him getting the ticket (i.e. after McCain clinched the
> nomination). However, he did drop out and is not running at all. He did
> endorse the Constitution Party, though.

Hmmm, I could've sworn I saw his name on the early voting ballot here in
Utah, but looking at the county clerk's office website, it seems I was
mistaken.

Looks like he's on a couple of ballots, though - Montana's Constitution
Party replaced Chuck Baldwin with Ron Paul; apparently he changed his
mind on Sept 11 (he didn't object as long as he didn't have to declare
initially), and it sounds like from what I was able to find that the
ballot will go out with his name on it.  It sounds like he's also on the
Louisiana ballot as the "Louisiana Taxpayers Party".  That also
apparently is without his consent, though.

He's not on in enough states to actually win, though.

Jim