POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Getting a laser effect with Lego parts : Re: Getting a laser effect with Lego parts Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting a laser effect with Lego parts
From: Alain
Date: 1 Nov 2008 22:34:23
Message: <490d11af$1@news.povray.org>
dksmall nous illumina en ce 2008-11-01 18:15 -->
> Sorry about the file size, I'm still learning what to keep and what to throw
> away.  The Y axis inversion is a result of the ldraw standard, so anything I
> make with the ldraw lego tools will be this way.  Where was the
> media{scattering } attribute added, to the antenna part or maybe the light
> source?
>
> Thanks
> Kelly

I added some global, uncontained media.

What to remove : all those material deffinitions exept the one you actualy use,
then, try to simplify those by only keeping the part for version >3.5.
Try to identify what object are effectively used, and remove those that are not
used.

One thing you can do if you only want to fill the object with some light, fill
it with emissive media. For that, add the "hollow" keyword to the object and, in
an interior block, add media{emission COLOR } If you want, you can add a density
pattern to get non-uniform filling. As for rendering speed, emissive media is
about the fastest media.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you've tried rendering hair with