POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XKCD := WTF? : Re: XKCD := WTF? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XKCD := WTF?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Nov 2008 20:05:20
Message: <490ceec0$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 23:37:22 +0100, andrel wrote:

> What helps for me is that
> democrats put the need of the people first (or at least they suggest
> that) while republicans put the need of the nation first (assuming that
> the interest of themselves coincides with the interest of the nation).

That's an interesting perspective - but it implies that the Democrats do
not put the needs of the nation first; I think you could sum the ideology
up by saying that the Democrats put the needs of the nation first, but
define the nation as the sum of its people.  The Republicans put the
needs of the nation first, but (at least economically) the belief there
is that if they take care of the upper class, the rest will take care of
itself.  (But I know that'll draw some flack from people in that party
over that definition as well).

Jim