POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interconnected : Re: Interconnected Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interconnected
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 1 Nov 2008 09:35:14
Message: <490c5b12$1@news.povray.org>
>> Nice... Not a tool I'm familiar with.
>
> Well, as you can see from the source code I included, it's not exactly hard
> to use :)

...and yet it's taken me this long to download and install the thing! ;-)

I see what you mean about a mess. Even with a very simple, almost
trivial graph, the produced layouts are extremely suboptimal. (Nodes on
top of each other, edges that consist only of arrow heads, absurdly long
edges for no reason, etc.) All of the graphs could trivially be improved
by just moving a few nodes to one side or another by a very small
amount. And it doesn't seem to matter which layout engine I use; they
all seem to produce hopeless layouts.

Still, it *is* much faster than doing this stuff by hand! ;-)

OOC, do you have any idea how I make it draw the edges as splines? I
have tried and tried and tried to make it do this, but it won't.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/